Thursday, June 21, 2018

Here we go again ...

When I ended my first pilgrimage in Santiago de Compostella four years ago, I wasn't sure I'd ever do anything like that again. My feet were tired and my soul was full, but mostly I was tired. And yet there was a piece inside that knew I would come back and finish the part I skipped if it was within my power.

Here we are in June 2018, and my flight to Pamplona leaves in 4 hours. Over the course of the next 5 weeks, my friend and I hope to the walk 720 km from the City of the Bulls to the City of St. James on the Field of Stars. I'm nervous because of the hot summer that is predicted and because of the 14 blisters I had last time, but I'm excited to show someone else this path that has been so important to me and to spend focused time with the Lord again. Truly the Camino de Santiago has become a thin place.

So here goes nothing! Pray for health and stamina and quality time with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment